- No sick animals should be brought to class. If your dog has experienced vomiting, diarrhea, or fever, it must be cleared of all symptoms for three days prior to returning to class. Any dog that has been treated for anything contagious may not return to class unless it is cleared by its vet.
- Dogs should be on leash upon getting out of your car, and kept on leash at all times unless instructed otherwise.
- Please do not allow your dog to approach another dog unless instructed to do so by the class instructor.
- If children are accompanying you to class, please do not allow them to approach other dogs, run, play or make excessive noise so as to avoid putting themselves and dogs at risk of injury.
- It is the owners’ responsibility to clean up after your dog both inside and outside the facility.
- Choker collars and prong collars are not used during this training class. We will review collars and leashes during the first week of classes.
- Owners must comply with the rules and decisions of Lisa Desatnik; and agree to assume all responsibility for any damage done to property, persons or other dogs done by the owner or his/her dog.
- Owners should notify Lisa Desatnik prior to the next class if their dog has experienced a temperament change such as a new fear or growling, lunging or biting behavior.
- Class fees are non-refundable unless in the case of an emergency situation or illness.
- Please make arrangements with Lisa Desatnik if you have to miss a class so that you can get necessary class materials and will understand what is going to happen in the next class. Normal class times will not be used to catch people up on topics that were missed.
- Please do not wear flip flop shoes. Closed and comfortable shoes are best.
- If you do not understand, please ask. I want to help you succeed.
I understand that attendance of a dog training class is not without risk to myself, members of my family or guests who may attend, or my dog, because some of the dogs to which I (we) will be exposed may be difficult to control and may be the cause of injury even when handled with the greatest amount of care.
I hereby waive and release Lisa Desatnik, So Much PETential and its volunteers and assistants, as well as owners and staff of The Dog Studio from any and all liability of any nature for injury, illness or damage which I or my dog may suffer, including specifically, but without limitation, any injury or damage resulting from the action of any dog, and I expressly assume the risk of any such damage or injury while attending any training sessions or other function of Lisa Desatnik and So Much PETential, or while on the grounds or the surrounding area of The Dog Studio.
I understand that successful companion dog training depends on a combination of learned skills on the part of both the dog and its owner. Behavior is not static; an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without ongoing practice. While Lisa Desatnik will work with me to help me attain class goals, I acknowledge and agree that there is no guarantee of dog training performance.